Susan Bloch is a commission and exhibiting artist. She developed her mastery of carving glass
by working with architects and clients. Commissions ranged from large residential windows,
office doors, theaters, and stone walls.
“I work with glass because it reflects our humanity. Its qualities offer the artist a complex palette."
Bloch exhibits in the United States and Europe.
Dec 2019 Victor Jacoby Award & Grant Winner
to explore new ideas, techniques or media
Humboldt Area Foundation
Group shows include :
Westhaven Center for the Arts, Trinidad, Ca two person show Sept. 2019
Jennifer Perlmutter Gallery , Lafayette, Ca. group glass show opening Feb 7 2019
Glass and Clay Invitational, Healdsburg, Ca;
Red House Glass Cone, UK
Morley Gallery, UK;
Sebastopol Center for the Arts
The Richmond Art Center.
She participated in a 3 person invitational glass show at Houghton Gallery, Corning, NY with a 4’2 layer plasma-cut aluminum and glass
mandala; and a 2 person show at Biscuit Factory Gallery, New Castle upon Tyne, England. She designs and participates in glass fashion shows during Glass Art Society conferences.
Boston University, School of Fine Arts: painting
New York Studio School
Alfred University,: hot glass & sculpture: BFA.
She lives in Eureka, Ca.
Selected Commissions 2000 - 2018
- Creamery District, glass mobile
- Coleman, glass commission, Ca
- DeLao, etched window, Ca
- Wenger, carved window, Ca
- Traum, etched doors, Ca
- Yue, glass flowers, Ma
- Nesbeitt, glass sculpture, Ma
Selected Commissions 1990 - 2000
- Glass Vine wall art, Germany
- Gloria Gaynor , etched tryptich
- Clemens Center for the Performing Arts
- Ducks Unlimited, NY
- Mike "Magic Shoes" Johnson
- Dedication of Sentiments, blue stone wall, Seneca Falls National Park
Selected Commissions pre 1990
- Frank Sinatra, NY
- Richard Brown, NY
- Charlotte Ford, NY
- Fiorenza Cossotto, opera, Italy
- Bonaldo Giotti, opera, Italy
- Sir Rudolph Bing, general manager, Metropolitan Opera